How can I help you?
I work as a freelance consultant, supporting local public services and the technology sector to innovate and improve.
- I come from a ‘digital’ background, but have managed ‘IT’ teams too, so understand the conflicts and opportunities that arise from the two disciplines, and can get them aligned
- I bear the scars from leading many digital transformation initiatives and have learned what works, and what doesn’t
- I’m a pragmatist who knows compromise is necessary and knows where and how to do it without affecting quality of outcomes
- I’m an excellent communicator of complex issues – I can get people up to speed quickly with what they need to know, and ensure everyone understands what’s happening and their role in it.
If you think I might be able to help you out, drop me a line for a free, no-commitment chat.
- Do you need to make quick digital advances in your organisation, but aren’t sure where to start? I can help with that.
- Do you have limited resources and need to ensure you use them to achieve the best possible outcomes? I can help with that.
- Do you need a new strategic approach to digital? I can help with that.
- Do you have a suspicion that your IT team could do with modernising? I can help with that.
- Do you need to get a new structure in place to ensure you have the right roles and skills in place? I can help with that.
- Do you need to engage with service managers with the opportunities that digital transformation offers? I can help with that.
- Are you in your first digital leadership role and need coaching and support? I can help with that.
- Do you need to increase the digital confidence and understanding of digital in your senior team? I can help with that.
- Do you need to design and fund a digital programme, and need to ensure it is set up correctly to succeed? I can help with that.
- Do you need a long-term relationship with an experienced, trusted digital leader, able to guide and advise whenever you need it? I can help with that.
Don’t take my word for it…
Dave has a unique skill set that allows him to communicate with ease with both those familiar and unfamiliar with technology. He is able to translate technological improvements and opportunities into a language that makes sense to a broader management team. He can grasp a complex picture, distil the key issues and develop a plan for improvement.Paul Anderson, Executive Head of Service, Mole Valley District Council
Dave’s enthusiasm for digital tech is infectious! He generously and engagingly shares his knowledge, experience and wider network with us. It’s a winning combination!Tass Smith, Transformation Lead, Warwick District Council
CDO as a service
CDO as a service gives smaller organisations the opportunity to have a long term relationship with an experienced, award winning Chief Digital Officer (CDO), without the cost of a permanent recruitment at this level, or the downsides of short term consultancy arrangements.
For a fraction of the overhead staff cost of an in-house employee, CDO as a service gives you flexible access to an award-winning CDO with broad experience across local government, for the long term and as and when you require it.
Like software or infrastructure you pay for as you use it, CDO as a service means you can have access to senior digital, technology and transformation expertise tailored to your priorities, at the point when you have the most need of it.
To explore how CDO as a service could help your organisation, view the full details, or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for a friendly, conversation about your challenges and whether CDO as a service could be a fit for you.